Most often asked Light Mountain Natural,
Henna for Hair Questions.
is Light Mountain natural hair color?
Light Mountain Natural hair color is a blend of 100% pure botanicals.
Lawsonia, Indigoferae and Cassia Auriculata.
Although Lawsonia is the only "true henna" plant, in the henna market
the Indigoferae and Cassia Auriculata plants are called henna.
All henna Colors are a blend of these three botanicals.
The Lawsonia plant supplies the red shades, Indigoferae the black
shades and Cassia Auriculata is the neutral conditioner.
Light Mountain Color Chart
1. Do I need to do a strand test?
Yes, the strand test determines the length of time you leave
the treatment on and the color results.
2. How does one obtain the sample hair for the stand test? You can take it directly from your head or use the "leavings" from your brush or comb. The strand sample needs to include all the different colors and textures of your hair.
3. How often can I do this treatment?
A typical treatment will last anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks.
4. How do you use the product? You mix the powder with boiling distilled water and after it cools to the touch, you apply it to your hair. You can apply it using an applicator, an all-plastic paintbrush or by hand, make sure you use the gloves supplied.
5. How much powder and how much liquid do I use? You want to use enough of the powder to be able to cover all of your hair; if your hair is short you would only use 1 to 2 ounces. To this you need to add enough liquid to obtain a consistency you can work with. Not too thick and lumpy, but not too runny. A smooth creamy, yet gritty paste.
A. One package of the Light Mountain Natural hair color contains 4 oz.
6. What color should I use?
You need to refer to the color chart on the back of the box.
Remember that this product will not lighten your hair.
7. Why am I not seeing a color change? The color you choose was too close to your current color or you did not leave the treatment on long enough. This situation will be avoided by doing the strand test.
8. Is it safe for women who are expecting?
You need check with your health care practitioner.
9. Can a chemical dye be used after using the Light Mountain hair color? Yes, but caution must be used. We advise them they should wait at least 4-6 weeks before applying a chemical. You MUST do a strand test. If you have recently applied our product you must get as much of the treatment out of your hair.
10. What is in step one?
Step one is a propriety blend of our own mixture of the three different botanical plants.
11. How are the different colors derived?
Our colors are obtained from the Lawsonia shrub and other botanicals.
12. My hair is green, why?
A green cast usually means that there has been an interaction with chemicals or metals. If this occurs please contact our office for further instructions.
13. The strand test came out too red, brassy or dark, what can I do to adjust the color?
A. If you added heat, it will bring out red tones. Try the strand again without applying heat. You can add black tea or day old brewed coffee to the powder replacing the distilled water to tone down the red (redo the strand test) We do not recommend instant coffee. Please note that metal cannot be used in the brewing of the tea or the coffee
B. You can add three tablespoon of fresh lemon juice or vinegar to the brown and mahogany shades to bring out rich golden (brownish) or copper highlights. (Redo the strand test).
C. To darken gold tones, you can reapply the application.
14. How can I remove this product from my hair? There are several different methods you can try; depending on the length of time you have had it on your hair. We have found the following procedures to be effective on a fresh application, less than 24 hours, and the results will been seen immediately.
A. For darker shades you can try a mixture of baking soda and molasses using equal parts. Make up enough of the mixture to be able to coat all of your hair. Apply this mixture to your hair and let it dry, a blow dryer can be used, until it is hard then rinse out.
B. For lighter shades you can try a mixture of Crystal Light lemonade mix and a rinse out cream rinse/conditioner using equal parts. Use 1/2 cup of cream rinse/conditioner to one tub of lemonade mix. Apply to your hair and let dry, a blow dryer can be used, then rinse out.
C. If the treatment is older, more than 24 hours, you can try using a high detergent shampoo and a deep conditioner. The conditioner should be one that you leave on the hair for 20 minutes. You can also try a "clarifying" shampoo, also known as "swimmer's shampoo".
D. If these procedures do not work and you want the hair color removed, you may want to consider having the hair professionally stripped.
15. I am having trouble rinsing the treatment from my hair; can I apply something to aid the removal? You can add baking soda to the rinsing process.
16. Is a patch test really necessary? Yes, even though the product is 100% natural, you may be allergic to it. I.E. some people are allergic to pollen. If you experience any abnormal reaction, I.E. redness, a mild burning sensation, to this product, you are allergic to this product and must not use it
17. How soon after using the neutral may I apply a color coat? If your hair is in good condition you may apply a color coat right away. If you are using the neutral on damaged hair, you can apply color once you feel your hair is in good shape.
18. Can I mix two colors together? Yes, mixing different colors can result in a unique shade all your own. Remember do a Strand Test.
19. Does my hair have to be clean before applying Light Mountain Natural? Usually the Light Mountain Natural is applied to hair shampooed 24 hours in advance. Also you cannot have any hair products on the hair, I.E. conditioner, hair spray etc
©1999 - 2013 Mehndi Skin Art Distributor . All rights reserved.